- administration of alcohol and/or illicit drugs
- attempted suffocation or excessive discipline
- physical punishment.
It does not include accidental injury.
Emotional and psychological abuse
The sustained, repetitive and ongoing maltreatment by a parent/carer or person in authority of a child through behaviors including:
- encouragement to engage in inappropriate behavior.
Any type of sexual behavior involving a child where:
- the child is the subject of bribery, coercion, a threat, exploitation or violence
- the child has less power than another person involved in the behavior
- there is a significant disparity in the developmental function or maturity of the child and another person involved in the behavior
- it includes sexual penetration
- encouraging a child to perform indecent acts such as touching genitals, penis/digital penetration or oral sex
- inappropriate touching
- exposure to sexual acts or pornographic materials AND/OR
- using electronic means to procure or expose a child to indecent material.
The intentional failure by a parent/carer to:
- provide, arrange, or allow the provision of adequate care, effective medical, therapeutic or remedial treatment.
- It also includes:
- failing to provide adequate food, shelter and care AND/OR
- supervision to a severe and/or persistent extent.
UBAKA – HELPING OUR KIDS TO LIVE WITHOUT FEAR